Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Welcome!

Welcome!

Monday, April 4, 2016

Heartfelt Sympathy

Hello!  There's no easy way to talk about the deaths of loved ones, and there have been several in the lives of a few friends recently.  As I blogged about before, the colors of white, coral and light green have been favorites of mine lately - a guess kind of like a famous painter once painted only pictures with blue, during his "blue period".  I'm in my white, coral and green period!

I found the colors to be very soothing, and the flowers instantly caught my eye on a recent Pinterest post.  They were so easy to make!  Punch out circles of different sizes; I did three of the large, two of the medium, and one small.  With a few scoring lines, some ink on the edges of the circles, both sides, and some folds, you can make a whole garden of flowers!  They remind me a little of morning glory - that's it!  I'm going to start my "blue period" with these flowers in blue!  I punched out some green leaves, and used them on the bases of each petal, and glued them down.  Overall, this was a very easy card to make, but looks like it took some time.  Make extra flowers to have on hand!

I used a little 1/8" wide green ribbon for stems, two die cuts for the white background and tag, and the stamps are from Stampin' Up.


This card was cut using a grand label die and I mounted the whole thing on a
piece of coral matting cut with the same but 1/8" larger, if you can visualize that.  I started punching circles of three different sizes, and just kept going!  I took the picture
then realized the card needed something, but forgot to take another picture
of it before it was put in the mail.  Oops!  Another very easy card to make! 
I'd love to see you try one, and send me a photo of yours!

2 comments:

  1. These really are beautiful cards Clare and I would certainly never have considered these colours for sympathy cards, but somehow they work. Hope you are doing ok. Best wishes to you. Gill xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time you have taken to visit! I love hearing from you and hope you have a happy and blessed day!

About Me

My photo
Mount Juliet, TN, United States
I am a child of God, wife, mother of three, and gramma of six. I enjoy stamping, scrapbooking, beading, photography, sewing, camping, fishing, hiking and life! I am a retired dog groomer. Denver, Colorado, is where I was born and raised. I miss the snow and drier weather.


Blog Archive